||Transamerica: Sr. Web Designer
View Original Posting
(Duluth) Company Information:
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a solid reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. Transamerica is a part of AEGON, an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia, AEGON companies employ approximately 26,500 people and have some 40 million customers across the globe. For more information, visit www.transamerica.com.
Transamerica Life & Protection (L&P) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies’ life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
The Senior Web Designer will be responsible for designing and developing new websites that drive strong user interaction and engagement, as well as improving the user experience on existing websites by maintaining constant communication and collaboration with business users, business analysts and software developers. They will stay current on best practices in the technology industry as well as keep up with emerging technologies. They will be able to mentor and share web design and user interface expertise to support the professional development of other team members.
- Take an active role in creating an environment of innovation, collaboration, transparency, accountability and trust.
- Design new websites and improve the user experience on existing websites.
- Participate in concept development, design ideation and create wireframes, user flows, design specifications, screen layouts and prototypes.
- Create visual designs that address business, brand and marketing requirements.
- Work closely with the creative team to comply on branding standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with marketing department and content producers to refine the user experience.
- Code, test and implement web interfaces to meet business needs.
- Work closely with the web developers to deliver the final product.
- Able to lead large team design sessions.
- Research and stay current on best practices in the technology industry as well as new and emerging technologies.
- May serve as a subject matter expert for a wide range of areas, applications, and technologies.
- Provide effort estimates for large projects.
- Facilitate technical decision making and represent the team direction to various stakeholders.
- Participate in discussions to come up with team standards for quality processes and methods.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- 5+ years’ work experience in web design.
- Must be fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, or similar graphics/user interface design software.
- Proficient with web standards and best practices.
- Strong understanding of good UI/UX (user interface/user experience) design.
- Experience in developing responsive framework web designs.
- Knowledge of how web design can impact Search Engine Optimization.
- Ability to take an idea/concept and produce actionable designs/wireframes.
- Ability to deliver prototypes, mock-ups in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional team, and be able to rationalize and present their design ideas and decisions effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple projects adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills, orally and written.
- Is accountable and responsible.
- Strong commitment to customer service and attention to detail.
- Must place a high value on developing high quality products.
- Must embrace and promote teamwork, including with team members across multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on-call outside of regular work hours as needed.
- May serve as a subject matter expert for specific areas, applications, and technologies.
- Ability to lead discussions with clients, management, co-workers, operation, technical support, and vendors to ensure the smooth operation of systems and project delivery.
- Ability to identify and recommend appropriate technologies for solutions within the team.
- Assists other team members with their skills development.
Pay, Benefits, and Work Schedule:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related discipline along with 3 years’ experience is also acceptable.
- Portal Technologies such as ASP.NET, Microsoft SharePoint, Visual Studio.
- Content Management System Experience – Orchard, WordPress, SDL Tridion is a plus.
- Mobile UI/UX Design.
LSA status: Exempt Benefit eligible employees qualify for the AEGON USA, Inc. benefit package, which is a comprehensive package including optional Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, and more!
How to Apply:
Please apply through the following link: https://transamerica.taleo.net/careersection/.ta_ext_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=140003WV&lang=en
Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email email@example.com
. EEO Statement:
All Transamerica companies are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. This policy extends to recruiting and hiring, working conditions, training programs, promotions and transfers, use of Company facilities, and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
|3 days ago
||Caktus Group: Design Director
View Original Posting
(Durham, NC) Caktus is a team of sharp web developers and designers who build high quality web applications. We are based in Durham, NC and we love collaborating on projects with our clients, who range from small non-profits (State Educational Technology Directors Association) to universities (UNC, UChicago) and large organizations (UNICEF, Mozilla, and CBS). We especially enjoy education and health focused work. Our passion is creating high quality, custom products. And we do it well.
We are looking for an experienced Web Design Director to help lead and grow our design and front-end development team. Our small, yet strong design team enjoys collaboration and excels at producing beautiful, user friendly Django-powered web apps and tackling new and diverse projects. We would like to develop a long term relationship with someone seeking full time work. This position requires on site work in our Durham, NC office.
We’ve enjoyed collaborating with our clients on these design-focused projects recently:
- PyCon 2015: The large, annual Python community conference that Caktus is actively involved with.
- Epic Allies: Our design team created branding collateral for the Epic Allies HIV medication adherence mobile app/game we're building in collaboration with Duke and UNC Chapel Hill.
- Commodity Tracking System (CTS): Caktus provided branding and user experience design in addition to leading development of the International Rescue Committee’s aid shipment tracking web application.
- Duckling: The best part of conferences? The people. Duckling is a web app created to help encourage networking and organizing small group outings during conferences.
- NC Get Covered: Caktus lead user experience and web design for a non-profit aiming to guide NC residents through the healthcare system.
- Also visit our Dribble and Flickr accounts to see Caktus in action!
As a Web Design Director
at Caktus you will:Within 30 days:
Within 60 days:
- Work closely with clients to understand their vision to develop their logo and brand
- Lead highly collaborative design/review discussions with internal and client stakeholders, integrating feedback in productive ways
- Use developed branding collateral and proposed user interfaces to create clean, aesthetically pleasing responsive web designs
- Work with internal team and client stakeholders to scope and estimate design and front-end development needs for new projects with potentially limited requirements
- Implement compliant HTML5/CSS3 comps and continually incorporate stakeholder feedback by iterating on Django templates
Within 90 days:
- Instill and improve standard processes for creating user workflows and intuitive user interfaces from project requirements
- Help improve the design/development team workflow and lead by example with frequent updates on progress to internal and client stakeholders
- Develop and curate processes and templates to facilitate on-going design/development team adoption of established project brands, user experiences, and interface designs
- Employ an efficient process to oversee and sign off on all Caktus design collateral
- Nurture and steer Caktus’ talent and design philosophy while valuing its deep development roots
- Perform annual designer performance appraisals and assist Project Staffing team to assign projects to those best matched based on skills and experience
- Help advertise and promote Caktus’ design prowess in targeted online communities and local area meetup groups
- Collaborate with Sales team to identify projects best suited to the strengths of the Caktus design team
- Help maintain Caktus’ brand consistency in collaboration with the Strategy Director and management teams
- Instill a strong collaborative and team building spirit while providing oversight and growth to the design team
- Work closely with the Technical Leads to ensure all delivered projects employ Caktus’ standards for high quality design and development
Bonus Points For
- At least 3 years of experience designing and handling user experience for dynamic web applications
- Formal training (e.g. BFA Graphic Design) and/or sufficient prior experience with graphic design
- Prior experience with templating languages
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (LESS, SASS)
- Good working knowledge and familiarity with backend frameworks and/or languages (Python/Django, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, etc.)
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Prior experience leading and managing hybrid web design teams
Job Perks: A sponsored employee medical plan including dental and vision coverage
A retirement plan with a company matching program
20 paid vacation and holidays
6 paid personal and sick days
4 paid conference days
Short and long term disability benefits
Data plan reimbursement
Variable profit share
|4 days ago